In an automatic production environment the integrity of the pallets is vital to both maintain production and ensure safety when stacking the pallets.
Britvic had such a requirement and needed to ensure pallets entering the system are neatly stacked, with no broken boards, no upside down pallets and free from surface debris.
Hence, Blackstar Handling developed a pallet checking system based on their standard range of equipment:
- Pallets are delivered into a pallet destacker an single pallets released for checking.
- Single clamped pallets are checked using a series on pneumatic pistons mounted above and below to ensure runners are intact and will not fracture under pressure.
- Brush rollers remove debris such as tape and labels.
- Good quality pallets are re-stacked for introduction into the production hall.
- Bad pallets are removed from the system for repair or to be destroyed.